My PTO for the trip back home just got approved and I am ecstatic! It will be 17 months since I left India, saw my parents, my sister, my friends and finally I can make it home in October now! But as always, and with any trip, logistics of the trip needs to be clearly worked out and it is as bad any dirty math problem :D.
I need to juggle the following in my trip. One of my best friend’s wedding ceremony in Mumbai on 28th October and I can leave office only in the second half of 26th October, Friday, so to make it to the ceremony
- I need a flight that leaves on Friday evening.
- Ideally, it should reach Bangalore by Saturday night 11 p.m to Sunday night, 2:00 a.m. and I can take flight out to Mumbai. However, I am willing to reach directly in Mumbai on Sunday morning and fly out on Monday morning to Bangalore.
- I would prefer a flight that allows 2 pieces of baggage
- All this should ideally cost me less than $1300 😀 [ A girl can wish alright?!]
Dirty math problem aside, I am so psyched I am going home. There are so many things I miss about being back there that I won’t even bother to post it here. But I believe it is all going to come trickling out as I count down to the d-day. This is what I have on my agenda for this visit:
- Best Friend’s wedding in Mumbai – two of my best college friends are marrying each other and I can’t be happier!
- Sister-in-law’s wedding in Bangalore- a much awaited event and the raison d’être for the visit.
- Visiting my parents in their new home in Ahmedabad
- Spending Diwali at my in-law’s place and learning how it is done right
- Talking and talking and talking with friends and my sister in Bangalore 🙂
Oh in case no one noticed – I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME! 🙂